Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Day 2

Day 2

Today was yet another uneventful day. I like it this way. Of course there was one incident that kind of ruffled my feathers a bit. I was talking to my aunt Carolyn on the phone for a while. Soon my cell phone rang. I have our home phone forwarded to my cell phone while we are house sitting. I look at the phone, it says “Jodi”. I didn’t make it in time to answer it. I decided it was time to get off the phone with my aunt so I could see what Jodi was up to. Then my cell phone rang again. Guess who. I again missed the call and the phone stopped ringing. So I tried to call Jodi back; straight to voice mail. Okay so I tried another couple of times; again, straight to voice mail. I figured the only way her phone would do this is if she was either calling someone else, or had her phone off. Well knowing Jodi, she was calling everyone in her phone book to tell them she could not find me. Finally after 20 minutes of trying to get thru on her phone, she answered. I asked her “Who did you call after you called me twice?” she replied with “No one”. I told her that if she had not called anyone, her phone would not have sent me to voice mail. Again, she said no one. After asking three more times, she finally said she called the bakery and called R&C’s house to see if I was back there. So she DID call someone. UGH!

I went home and did some more cleaning today. The house should be SPOTLESS by the time we are ready to go home. It will be wonderful. Normally I do a bunch of cleaning in one day, then get so wore out that I don’t clean for a week. By then the place is completely trashed because none of us (including myself) know how to pick up after our selves.

I changed the cat litter, washed some dishes, swept the kitchen floor, vacuumed in the girl’s room, washed more of our bedding, dusted, and cleaned the TV and windows. I can’t wait to go over there again and do a bit more. By the time we get home, I want to start a major de clutter job so we have less to move. No matter what I get rid of, we still will have a lot to move, but less would be better. Besides, no use of moving the stuff we don’t need or want all the way to a different state.

I made spaghetti for dinner. It turned out rather yummy. Of course Zoe and Caitlin did not agree. They played with the food on their plates for a while before I got frustrated and took them away.

*** Ten days left.

No comments: