Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Phobias

I have several phobias. I don’t know why, but I am scared of a lot of things. Some things bother me more then others. Below are some of my phobias.

Achluophobia: Fear of the dark or of night
Yup I am scared of the dark. I don’t know why, but I freak out if it’s too dark inside our apartment or anywhere I am staying.

Batophobia: Fear of heights or being close to high buildings.
I don’t like buildings. I hated driving downtown Minneapolis next to them all. I could barely pay attention to the road, because I was too busy focusing on the buildings.

Climacophobia: Fear of falling downstairs.
I hate stairs. I do not like them. I hate stairs that you can see through, like basement stairs. They scare me a lot.

Demophobia: Fear of crowds
I do not like big crowds of people. It makes me very nervous. I think this might be a control issue, where I do not know what the actions the members of the crowd will take.

Dystychiphobia: Fear of accidents
Ochophobia: Fear of vehicles.
This phobia might stem from all of the car accidents I have been in. I have been in four car accidents, all the other persons fault. Two of the four accidents involved drunk drivers.

Emetophobia: Fear of vomiting
I hate vomiting. I get all shaky and cry if I know I have to vomit. I will force myself to try NOT to vomit. This usually turns out bad though.

Entomophobia: Fear of insects.
Not so much fear of actual bugs, but I feel like they are crawling on me. I freak out and look to see if it’s a bug, or just an itch.

Gephyrophobia: Fear of crossing bridges.
This might be a heights thing, but I do not like big long high bridges. It took me a very long time to be comfortable with crossing the bridge from Superior to Duluth every day. When I was on vacation with Heather, we went over a few huge bridges. In fact, the day that we had to cross the five mile long bridge, I made her drive. My brain tells me that the bridge is going to collapse under me and I and the other vehicles will plummet to our death in the cold icy waters below.

Harpaxophobia: Fear of being robbed.
Kleptophobia: Fear of thieves or loss through thievery
Virginitiphobia: Fear of rape
I do not feel comfortable walking down the street by myself. I have this fear that I will be mugged, beaten and raped by some unsuspecting individual and left for dead. Even if there is no one around, my brain tells me that some one is hiding in the shadows or door ways just waiting for me to walk by so they can attack me.

Ophthalmophobia: Fear of being stared at.
When I go to the store, to a bar, or even walking down the street, I feel like every one is constantly staring at me. It’s a very creepy feeling.

Ornithophobia: Fear of birds.
I don’t really have a fear OF birds, it’s more of a fear that they will POOP on me. Yes. I am scared of bird poop.


Pediculophobia: Fear of lice.
When ever I feel something on my head, I freak out thinking its lice and how I am going to have to get rid of it. I think about how they will be every where in our home.

Arsonphobia or Pyrophobia Fear of Fire
I am scared my house will burn down in the middle of the night and I won’t be able to get out. I don’t like when people wave cigarettes near me, I am scared I will get burned. I have gotten over the fire pit thing because of camping. I love to play in the fire in the summer, but if it gets too big, it’s terrifying to me.

Panophobia, Panphobia, Pamphobia, or Pantophobia,
Olyphobia, Bromidrosiphobia or Bromidrophobia.
Panphobia:Fear of everything. A nonspecific fear; a state of general anxiety

These ones sum it up for me.

Sorry that you were forced to read about most things that terrify me, but hey it was your choice to read my blog in the first place!






No comments: