Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Another Product Review: Hartz brand pet supplies

After using the Hartz ADVANCED CARE 4 in 1 flea and tick drops for our dogs all summer, we got fleas. I really liked the price of this product and the availability at the stores. They had two different ones to choose from, the 4 in 1 and the 3 in 1. I of course got the one that "Kills fleas, ticks, mosquitoes, PLUS flea eggs.

So after washing the dogs with HARTZ brand "Rid Flea" dog shampoo, and following the instructions to the T, we still have fleas.

So today I called HARTZ to see what they could do for me, I dunno, send me some coupons or a refund, or whatever. I figured since the back of the box it says "Guaranteed to work or your money back" followed with "if not completely satisfied, return unused portion for a full refund." But apparently those rules are different if you call them first. They told me that there was nothing they could do, and it sounded like the fleas became resistant to the drops, and told me another laundry list of products I could buy. Then I asked about the guarantee on the box, and he told me that if I send the product back, along with the sales receipt, I could get my money back. I do NOT have this receipt! Can you imagine the clutter one would have if they saved every receipt for EVERY product they bought?? Its bad enough that I saved the cardboard and receipt for the hose that I bought and it happened to burst! LOL

UGH. So, my suggestion, with the horrible customer service that HARTZ has, do not use their product. NONE of it. If you call they will contradict what their packaging clearly states.

No comments: